Tuesday, August 12, 2008

August Goals

Some of you may have noticed that your grocery bills were getting higher and higher. I sure did! I knew that I didn't want to accept the change in our monthly expenses, so I got online and discovered some blogs on how to save money on your groceries. I never liked cutting coupons and thought it was to confusing, but thought I would give it a shot. Well, I am addicted! I can't believe how much I have saved and our food is better! My meals were so routine because I would get the same things week after week and I would spend around $100. Now that I am cutting coupons, I am planning my meals based on what is on sale that matches my coupons.

So, for the month of August, I want to spend $70.00 per week on groceries includes toiletries and household items. This should be hard because we eat almost every meal at our house.

I'll let you know how it goes and post my shopping trips along the way!

No comments: