Sunday, August 17, 2008

What Are You Doing With All The Extras?

Since, I have started collecting coupons and playing the CVS game, I have collected a nicely filled pantry, as well as, bathroom cabinet. I certainly don't need to add anymore to my collection, but I can't pass up free to almost free items. So, I needed to come up with a solution on what to do with all these great items. I wanted it to be something that my kids could help with and become involved. We decided to make "Kids Packs" for the MidOhio Foodbank. The kids packs are to include healthy snacks, meals and toiletries. We decorate a box (paper box) every month and fill it with all the goodies that we have gathered throughout the month and take it to the MidOhio Foodbank.

This has been a great way for us to get involved, give back to the community and to teach my children to be thankful for all that we have.

No comments: